Sacred Heart Parish (Nacogdoches)

Sacred Heart Parish - Nacogdoches

Immaculate Conception

Make a Contribution

Description

According to church records, the first Catholic Church at Moral was dedicated on Easter Sunday, April 8, 1877 by Reverend James L. Chaland as the Church of the Immaculate Conception. Since then, three churches have been built at this location. The most recent was dedicated at Easter Vigil on April 5, 2001 by the Most Reverend Bishop Alvaro Corrado, Msgr. James E. Young and a host of visiting priests and deacons. The Immaculate Conception Cemetery designated by the THC as a historic cemetery in 2016 is also located at this site. Today Immaculate Conception is a mission church under Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Nacogdoches.

Venue

  • 2508 Appleby Sand Road

    Nacogdoches
    TX

    75965